- According to the latest Existing Home Sales Report from the National Association of Realtors, sales grew 1.1% in March to an annual pace of 5.60 million.
- This is the strongest pace since November of 2017.
- Inventory levels dropped year-over-year for the 34th consecutive month and are now 7.2% lower than March 2017 levels, representing a 3.6-month supply.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="648"] Home Buying Myths[/caption]
- The average down payment for first-time homebuyers is only 6%!
- Despite mortgage interest rates being over 4%, rates are still below historic numbers.
- 88% of property managers raised their rents in the last 12 months!
- The credit score requirements for mortgage approval continue to fall.
- A trend that has been emerging for some time now is the contrast between inventory & demand in the Premium & Luxury Markets vs. the Starter & Trade-Up Home Markets and what that’s, in turn, doing to prices!
- Inventory continues to rise in the luxury & premium home markets which is causing prices to cool.
- Demand continues to rise with low inventory in the starter & trade-up home markets, causing prices to rise!
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="648"] VA Home Loans[/caption] [caption id="attachment_37319" align="alignnone" width="650"] VA Home Loans[/caption]
- Since the creation of the VA Home Loans Program, 22 million veterans have been able to achieve the American Dream of homeownership.
- In 2017, $188 billion was loaned to veterans and their families through the program.
- VA Purchase Loans are on the rise in 46 out of 50 states and Washington, DC.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="648"] Renting vs. Buying[/caption] [caption id="attachment_37281" align="alignnone" width="650"] Renting vs Buying[/caption]
- Historically, the choice between renting vs. buying a home has been a tough decision.
- Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home today (28.9%) vs. the percentage needed to buy a median-priced home (15.7%), the choice becomes obvious.
- Every market is different. Before you renew your lease again, find out if you can put your housing costs to work by buying this year!
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="648"] Tips for preparing your house for sale[/caption] [caption id="attachment_37239" align="alignnone" width="650"] Tips for preparing your house for sale[/caption]
- When listing your house for sale your top goal will be to get the home sold for the best price possible!
- There are many small projects that you can do to ensure this happens!
- Your real estate agent will have a list of specific suggestions for getting your house ready for market and is a great resource for finding local contractors who can help!
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="648"] Cost of Waiting[/caption][caption id="attachment_37182" align="alignnone" width="650"] Cost of Waiting[/caption]
- Interest rates are projected to increase steadily heading into 2019.
- The higher your interest rate, the more money you end up paying for your home and the higher your monthly payment will be.
- Rates are still low right now. Don’t wait until rates hit 5% to start searching for your dream home!
Bottom Line:Don't allow the cost of waiting to keep you from buying the home you've always dreamed about! Call me today.
- Don’t forget to set your clocks forward this Sunday, March 11th at 2:00 AM EST in observance of Daylight Saving Time.
- Unless of course, you are a resident of Arizona or Hawaii!
- Every hour in the United States: 614 homes are sold, 81 homes regain equity (meaning they are no longer underwater on their mortgage), and the median home price rises $1.51!
- Buyer demand continues to outpace the supply of homes for sale which means that buyers are often competing with one another for the few listings that are available!
- Housing inventory is still under the 6-month supply needed to sustain a normal housing market.
- Perhaps the time has come for you and your family to move on and start living the life you desire.
- The Cost of Waiting to Buy is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices & interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts interest rates to rise to 5.1% by 2019.
- CoreLogic predicts home prices to appreciate by 4.3% over the next 12 months.
- If you are ready and willing to buy your dream home, find out if you are able to!